Thread: Case 1 and 2 of Chapter 1

Red face Case 1 and 2 of Chapter 1

May I please know the answers to Cases 1 and 2 in Chapter 1?
    Case 1: Product Market Adaptation versus Performance Adaptation
    Case 2: Share Design Decision

Thank you.

CAse 1

Thank you, I am glad to help. Let us start with the first question. Perhaps these statements and questions can help.

Product market adaptation
    Look through the list. What sort of items on the list represent an alteration of the product to meet a new market? Think about how the vehicle is used, or perhaps the geographic region that we often associate with market segments.

Product performance adaptation
    Look through the list, this time with an eye to the changes that improved the performance of the vehicle. This improvement is not associated with any market, but improves the capability of the system in such a way that is independent of a specific market.

Mass customization
    What items on the list have made it possible to produce vehicles in production volume?

Quote Originally Posted by JonMQuigley View Post
    Thank you, I am glad to help. Let us start with the first question. Perhaps these statements and questions can help.

Product market adaptation
    Look through the list. What sort of items on the list represent an alteration of the product to meet a new market? Think about how the vehicle is used, or perhaps the geographic region that we often associate with market segments.

Product performance adaptation
    Look through the list, this time with an eye to the changes that improved the performance of the vehicle. This improvement is not associated with any market, but improves the capability of the system in such a way that is independent of a specific market.

Mass customization
    What items on the list have made it possible to produce vehicles in production volume?

I'm not quite familiar with the products or vehicles. What are under product market adaptation, product performance adaptation and mass customization?

Entrada hinckley

The input below is from Kim Robertson

Cars 1: A product market adaptation would be having a satellite navigation system with maps and languages unique to the country a car is sold in or a right hand drive version for sale in Great Britain

Case 2: A performance adaptation would be offering the car with a turbocharged engine

I hope this helps