Thread: Trying to get my business ISO certified

Trying to get my business ISO certified

Hello guys,
    I am trying to get my business ISO certified.
    We are located in Ontario and mainly deals with QS and related services. We into the construction industry and help our clients to value their property and estimate the cost of their projects.
    I started this company with just two staffs in my backyard. Now, the business has grown tremendously in the past 2 and half years and now I employee more than26 people directly. While trying to get my business ISO certified, I got to know that quality management software is the core of the whole ISO process. Our team had already shortlisted a few quality management software. But, what are the other things we have to take care of while going for ISO certificate for our business?
    Can someone please guide me on this?
    I will be really grateful to you.
    Thank you in advance.

ISO Certification

Hey Jeff,

Are you interested in the certification, or directing your company to a level of performance that is repeatable and of a certain standard or level of performance. For example, if you are interested in developing your organization to meet these process expectations, and improve the company's delivery (timeliness, cost, quality) then this need not include actual certification but development of the tools, techniques and processes that will make that possible for your business. If this is part of your marketing - a differentiation from the competitors, then you will indeed require the certification. Answering this question will help dictate the approach to take to the work.

It is also possible you have some processes developed (perhaps informally) that can be used as the starting point. You will need to perform a gap analysis of the things you may have in place (either partial or informal) and compare that to the total you need to deliver. Then what remains, would require prioritization on how to approach, and who on your team may have that skill.

There is much more to this than the software to assist in the development There is the articulation of tangible end objectives (metric based) followed by a systematic approach to the development of the process documentation which is based upon the best way to conduct your business as you presently see it, without over burdening the work flow and and killing any beneficial innovation.

Are you exploring the ISO 9000:2015 or is there some other certification.

If we can be of service, please send me an email and we can start a more substantial discourse.

Jon
    Last edited by JonMQuigley; 11-13-2018 at 01:09 PM.